Starting off the New Year with new recipes!!! Paleo inspired Pan Roasted Haddock with Butternut Squash Puree and Spinach. Done in under 15 minutes!
2 white fish fillets, thawed
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1 onion, sliced
4 cups baby spinach
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 cup butternut squash soup (I use Imagine Organic Butternut Squash Soup)
2 tbsp coconut oil, olive oil or butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Melt 1 tbsp oil in pan and saute onions and garlic until tender, 2-3 minutes.
2. Add spinach and broth, cover and steam til spinach is wilted, ~2 minutes, season with salt and pepper, remove from pan and set aside.
3. Heat soup in separate bowl
4. Add 1 tbsp oil to pan, rinse and pat dry fish, season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes per side.
5. To serve pour soup onto plate or shallow bowl, place spinach in center and top with fillet. Serve immediately.
#startingfresh #healthyeating #paleoinspired #cookingonabudget